Garry's Mod is a sandbox physics game created by Garry Newman of Facepunch Studios. The players have the ability to create their own objects and to interact with objects in the game world.
If you are a Gmod fan, you would definitely love to know interesting facts about the game. So, in this article, I have listed some facts about this awesome game.
- The title of the game is a play on the name of the game designer Garry Newman and the Half-Life mod, "Garry's Mod".
- Garry's Mod was originally developed as a mod for the FPS title "Half-Life 2", but was later released as a standalone title on Steam.
- Its first version was released in 2004. It was a simple mod that allowed you to change gravity and other physical parameters.
- The game is "moddable" in the sense that players can create their own custom content.
- It has been downloaded more than 14 million times and has over 90,000 unique user-created mods.
- The game has many different modes. The most popular modes are normal mode, sandbox, stunt, and gmod.
- With the game's physics system, one player created a mod that enabled players to launch themselves into the air using the "noclip" cheat and then launch a flying car into the air. This car was then used as a moving base, complete with a staircase, a roof, and a working door.
- Garry's Mod has a huge community of players, and you can find numerous add-ons, maps, models, and other files on Steam Workshop.
- The game has over 600,000 active players monthly.
- The game's maps have been given names, which is very rare in the game industry.
The Bottom Line
If you're looking for a fun game to pass the time and you don't have a lot of money to spend on a game, I would definitely recommend Garry's Mod. I don't think I could ever get bored of making a silly movie with this game.